Last updated: February 11, 2020
Magnetus Chess (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the magnetuschess.com website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
To fulfill your order, you must provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact us.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
Magnetus Chess rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
– as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer
– when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
– if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your
purchases if required by tax law; and
– as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests,
such as providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to
improve our services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to Magnetus Chess. We may share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
– Service providers. We may engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
– Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent
permitted by law.
– Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
However, we may also be required to retain this information to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to
enforce our agreements. We generally keep your data for the following time period: 4 years.
If you reside in certain territories, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply
generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
– Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us.
– Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
– Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of
electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot
guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from
children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please
contact us. If we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information immediately.